Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Look what I found!!

...our little mozart...

Following in her Mommy/Grandmommy/Aunt Katie's footsteps??


Concentrating so hard


This looks complicated


This one's a sharp, right, Mom??

Little hands trying to strrrrrretch across the keys


I think I'm getting the hang of it!!


These two sound pretty good together...

This is better than eating Bruiser's face!


Abby loves, loves, LOVES "playing" the piano!!

As long as I can remember, one of my dreams has always been that by the time I started having children, I would have a piano of my own. I grew up to the sounds of my mother playing our piano every day- I don't think a day went by when I didn't hear her play, even for just a few moments. My parents started me on lessons when I was in elementary school, and though I fought them every day about practicing, and threatened to quit before almost every lesson, I secretly craved and needed such an outlet and place to express myself creatively. I won't profess to be a wonderful pianist by any means. I can read music just fine, but I'll never be able to just sit and play what comes to mind so perfectly and beautifully as my Mom can. But even still, something comes alive inside of me every time my fingers begin to dance across the keys. Music will forever be a great joy deep in my soul, and I have my parents, my Mom, to thank for that.
I have always wanted the same for my own children. For them to grow up in a home filled with music. For them to have the opportunity to make music of their own. To play music with them. So when my parents told me that some good friends of our family had a piano they were giving away, that they were giving to us, my dream came true!!
So thank you, Mom and Dad- for making me take lessons, Mom- for filling our home and my heart with your music, and the Guertlers-for your beautiful piano.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course, she's talented! She has the genetics and the nurturing. I can't wait to hear her play. And, I noticed, she's got some hair, it's rally coming in. Is is red or brown? I can't tell.

AndyandLex said...

J - THANK YOU THANK YOU for your beautiful handmade bibs. We love them and used one last night. Now its somewhat orangish, proof it got a good work out. Thanks so much! XO