Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Moments like these

This morning, bitter cold as it is, is peaceful and quiet so I set Abby up on the kitchen floor with a pile of books and some blocks. I sit at our kitchen table with my laptop, notepad, and a mug of Greenberry's coffee (loveLOVE this stuff...), taking advantage of the quiet to get some work done on my talk for friday. Abby pulls out a book and wanders over to me, lifts up her arms to me and says "oooh oooh," her version of "up, please!" I pull her into my lap and she snuggles down as I flip the pages of her book, pointing out colors and doggies and flowers to her. At one point, she looks up at me and gives me the sweetest smile I almost melt into the floor.

Moments like these nothing else matters. Moments like these I want to bottle up and keep safe forever!

No comments: