Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Major Sadness...

Our camera is failing.....

I thought I just had digital slr camera lust, but alas, our trusty little point & shoot is on it's way out... Hardly any of the pictures we take lately are in focus, especially ones taken indoors, and there is a black blurry bar on one edge of the pictures it takes.
It may just need to be serviced, so I am going to take it into a camera shop to get looked at. Let's hope they can fix it- I feel like I am missing so much of Abby without a working camera on hand!

Abby has been particularly adorable lately. Will there ever come a day when my heart doesn't melt just thinking about her? I hope not. Even now, as I picture her curled up with her bear in her crib, I want to just run downstairs, scoop her out of bed, kiss her sweet neck and smell her- I love her smell!

Anyways, today after lunch Andy took Bruiser outside, and Abby ran after him and stood at the back door watching him. She then pressed her mouth against the glass and started blowing on it. Andy started cracking up, saying 'do you SEE this? Oh my goodness, Abby. Jenny you have to see this!" I love how he delights in her. Joy, delight.

She has started bringing books to me, holding them up and looking at me with big eyes that say, "this one, please!" Then she will crawl into my lap and sit patiently as we read through the book. SHe'll do this for a few books before she's off to the next thing. THis afternoon I think we read about 15 books, one after another! These are moments I cherish. Joy, delight.

She started saying "mamma" intentionally last week. When she's upset and she wants to be held, "maaaaaamaaaaa!" When she is tired and cranky, "mamaaaa!" When she is playing, having fun, cuddly, coming to me for a hug (which, to my delight, she does a TON!), "MAma!!" And most recently, when she wakes up happy from a nap or in the morning, "mama! mama! mama!" Melted heart, joy, delight.

A few other things she's been doing lately:
-Walking up and down the street with me on these nice, sunny days! She loves being outside!
-Climbing into Bruiser's bed and then cracking up
-On that note, getting a kick out of everything she does- really, she cracks herself up! She does things, and then throws her head back and laughs at herself!!
-Discovering her belly button, and everyone elses. This also cracks her up.
-Hiding in corners to poop. No joke, she did this twice today. And laughed both times.
-Dancing! When the music starts, look out! This girl has some moves.

Joy, delight!

2 comments:

The Nolls said...

2 things:
*I am 100% certain she gets the throw-back-the-head-and-laugh thing from you. I can totally imagine you doing it and it makes me miss you so much and wish I could see your sweet girl being just like her beautiful "Mama"
*GET YOUR CAMERA FIXED!!! we want photos of that girl!

love you guys!!

Sara B. said...

It is no surprise to me that she laughs all the time and cracks herself up. She definitely wasn't switched in the nursery. No doubt about it, this girl belongs to you!!!