Thursday, February 17, 2011

Abbyisms

In an effort to get back into the habit of writing more regularly around here, I thought I would break my two month silence with a quote from the three-year-old.

We were playing around with paper towels and water tinted with food coloring this morning (way less messy than it sounds, I promise!), and after about an half an hour Abby's hands had a few spots of color on them.

Me: "Abby, we need to wash your hands, you have dye all over them"
Abby: "they died? on the cross?"
me: "no, what? no, Jesus died on the cross, and your hands have dye on them, see all the colors?  That's called 'dye,'  but not like when someone or something 'dies.'"
Abby: "Oh.  my hands died.  And Jesus has colors on dem."
me: "Ummmm, no. what??"

How do you explain the difference between "dye" and "die" to a three-year-old?

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

hahaha love her :)

Danielle said...

Love the conversation and so glad to see something new!!

Grandma Trish said...

That's Abby! She has us all going around in circles. It's a gift!