Saturday, February 16, 2008

Three months!

Abby is three months old today! I was looking back at some of the pictures from when she was first born, and it's amazing to me to see how much she has changed in just three months! She has grown a TON- she is becoming quite the chunker, with the cutest chunky legs and round little belly. She weighs 12 pounds now, and for the first time the other day I noticed that she actually is starting to feel sort of heavy when I carry her. Here are some pictures of what she's been up to lately

Playing with her talking Tigger with her Grandmommy Berlin


Abby LOVES to take a bath. She loves to relax in the warm water, and spends most of the time licking the water when she can reach it with her mouth.


Andy is the best Dad!! He loves his little girl so much, it warms my heart to watch him dote on her.


Abby and her buddy Jaden get play time together twice a week. They love laying underneeth one of their play gymns together. It is so fun to have another baby that she can grow with!



Abby is starting to be more aware of Bruiser, as he loves to come up to her and sniff her face, lick her hands, and is generally very curious about her. He is so sweet and gentle with her! I can't wait for then to play together when she gets bigger.

Since she can sit up now without falling over (when she is supported, that is) I recently started putting Abby in her "big girl chair" when I am cooking or doing dishes in the kitchen. She LOVES to be up on my level, instead of in her swing on the floor, because she can watch me and interact with me better.


She also recently started interacting with some of her stuffed animals. Before she was pretty clueless about them. She loves it when they give her "kisses," and loves to give them big hugs.


Her lammy is by FAR her favorite. When she is in a playful mood and I hand it to her, she squeals really loud and rolls around with it, sticking it in her mouth and "talking" to it.

And then when she gets tired, her lammy helps her fall asleep.


She discovered her hands a while ago, and lately has figured out how to suck on her fist or a few fingers, and much prefers this to her pacifier. However, she gets frustrated pretty quickly if she can't get the right fingers in her mouth or can't get her fist in her mouth in just the right way, its pretty funny to watch!

Abby mostly sleeps with her hands above her head. I swaddle her for her naps and at bedtime, but she always finds a way to break out of the swaddle and get her arms like this within the first 10 minutes of falling asleep. Sometimes she stirrs and starts whacking herself in her face because she still doesnt control her hands perfectly yet.


This hat swallowed her whole the first time she wore it when she was a couple of days old, and now it barely fits! Shes growing so fast!


Well, that's it for now! In case you haven't noticed, we are absolutely and completely in love with our sweet girl, and totally obsessed with documenting every moment!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Jenny,

I don't even know if I've talked to you since Abby was born, but she is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her and I LOVE reading and seeing your updates on your blog. Looks like you're greatly enjoying God's blessings :) Looking forward to seeing you in April..

Love, Laura

Sasha Rothwell said...

Happy three month Birthday Abby!!! Where does the time go? Annya and I love looking at your pictures! We miss you!