Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sister Love

Saturday afternoon.  Jack Johnson's soundtrack to Curious George is playing, Bruiser is curled up on the welcome mat, soaking in the sun.  I am working on crust for a cherry pie I have been craving for weeks now, and the girls are "playing" in the living room.  Charlotte is lounging in her bouncy chair, and Abby is perched next to her on the floor, reading books to her.  Charlotte's eyes are fixed on Abby, and nothing, not even Bruiser's surprise BARK at the mailman going by, can tear them away from her.  Normally I am her favorite person in the world (which has nothing to do with me and everything to do with nursing), but when Abby walks in the room, nothing else in the world matters!
Abby is talking so sweetly to her, pausing every couple of minutes to show her a picture from one of her books.  Charlotte tries to talk back with little coos and gurgles.  I want to bottle this moment up and keep it forever- the peaceful calm, the warmth, the love and joy between sisters.
How I long for them to cherish and enjoy one another like this as they grow up into young women! Only by His grace!!

No comments: