Sunday, October 7, 2007

A post, finally!!

Soooo... I always get anxious for people to update their blogs, especially since moving to Blacksburg because we don't get to see so many of you very often anymore, but it turns out that we are the worst when it comes to updates! So sorry it has been so long! We have been very busy here in Blacksburg, and have also gotten out of the habit of taking pictures, so it has seemed like we haven't had anything to post about in a while.

What have we been up to the past three weeks?
~More football games (surprise surprise). Each game it gets harder and harder for me to climb up the stands to our seats. I wonder what the November games are going to be like? We keep joking that if I go into labor at either the FSU or Miami games (Nov. 10 and Nov. 17), we will have to name our child Lane, after the football stadium.
~I gave my first talk at Tech InterVarsity's Large Group Meeting (called 180) to about 80-100 students. What an awesome experience. It is so humbling to be entrusted with the task of teaching people something about God, from His word, about His purposes in this world.
~Childbirth classes. Andy and I have been taking classes at the hospital to get ready for the big day. Being a planner at heart, the classes have really helped me to feel confident about labor, knowing (or at least having an idea of) what to expect. Andy gets really into all the breathing excercises we do each week, so much so he falls asleep every time the nurse turns the lights out and turns on the "relaxation music." Makes me wonder what he will do durring the real thing....
~Andy took his first test as a student again, and go an A!!! And the class average was a B! (He didn't know I was going to post that, but I have to brag on him for working so hard!)
~Bruiser has started this new thing of eating poop whenever he finds it. Doesn't matter the animal. Even rabbit poop. It is disgusting. Really really disgusting. Anyone who has any advice for us about how to stop this- PLEASE HELP!!!
~Choosing a church and making relationships there. THis has been a HUGE blessing, as we left an amazing church family back in Harrisonburg, and know how important it is to be part of a community of believers. We have found a great church that we really love, and have been going to a homegroup that meets once a week. We have been really impressed by the authenticity of the people we have been meeting, and the level of vulnerability in the church- it has been refreshing and a great source of comfort and joy for us.

That's about it!

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

Good job for posting, Jenny ... even without the pics! It is good to read about what is going on ... laughed about the hiking the stadium stairs part! :) And I like the name Lane ... Lane Benson. :) Pretty movie star sounding. :) Love ya!

The Nolls said...

YAY!! It is soooooo good to hear what is going on with you guys. Good job, Jenny!
I'm so excited that you are already in birthing classes, how fun! How is your hospital, do you think you'll like it?
About the poop-eating, Chalie used to eat his own poop and the vet told me to put meat tenderizer in his food... that made him stop mostly, but he still stole a quick snack every once in a while. Disgusting, I know.
We love you guys and are so thrilled that the Lord is blessing so much where he has put you. Praise Him! May he continue to bless and use you!
xoxo

The Sinks said...

I went to a UVA basketball game when I was quite pregnant last year, and our seats were the second from the very top. I of course had to get up during halftime to use the bathroom, being so pregnant, and it seemed like it took me forever to climb up the stairs each time. Good luck the next couple of games! Glad to see an update from you!