Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Break 1


It's a few weeks past spring break, but I thought I'de go ahead and post some pictures of our week off. Andy and I spent five days down in the Outer Banks with my Berlin grandparents, JD and Nancy. Nags Head is such a special place for me, as my family has spent a week in my grandparent's condo there every summer since I can remember, and my whole extended (Berlin) family gets together in a big house there for Thanksgiving break every year as well. It was extra special going with my grandparents this time. I can't think about the Outer Banks without thinking about my grandparents- the two go hand-in-hand! It was also special because it was Abby's first time (besides when I was carrying her last summer). I hope that she will have as many good memories visiting Nags Head as she grows up as I have.
We had such a great week, eating shrimp and carolina bbq, going to the shops at Manteo, visiting a quilt show, walking on the beach, and of course playing lots of games!

We went shopping one afternoon (and by "we" I mean my grandmother and I!), and this is how we found the boys+ Abby. Whoever thought to put a couch in a department store is a genius! I bet more men would be willing to go shopping with their wives if all stores had places to sit like this!


This is Andy "duck hunting" at the museum in Manteo. The museum is the coolest- it has all these interactive exhibits for kids to learn about the history of the area. As you can see some of us thoroughly enjoyed this.






My grandfather was SO cute with Abby. She loves her great grandparents!


And of corse, what is a Berlin family get-together without some friendly competition? The girls took on the guys in a game of "Head and Foot," but unfortunately, the guys won 3 out of 5 games. We'll get 'em next time.


Abby had a blast too!


Daddy and baby taking a walk on the beach. I think the Baby Bjorn looks pretty hot on him, what do you think?


And of corse, Abby fell asleep in the frist five minutes of the walk. Must be nice to be a baby.

No comments: