Thursday, April 3, 2008

4 1/2 months old!


Abby had her 4 month check-up yesterday. The stats:
She weighs 14 pounds! Last thursday I took her in because she had hives (note: do not consume large amounts of peanuts for three days in a row if you are breastfeeding!!), and she weighed 3lbs. 9oz., so she gained 7oz in a week- thats good, right??
She is 25 inches long, and her head is 15 3/4 inches around. Who knows what that means. All I know is that she is still a flat head, but hopefully now that she spends a lot of time in her exersaucer, it will start rounding out some.

She can start eating solids now, but I am still debating whether to start her on rice cereal or wait a little while longer. There really aren't any other nutrients she needs, she is getting everything she needs from breastmilk, and I want to give her the lowest chance of getting any food allergies as possible, expecially now that I know she reacts to peanuts badly (scary!!). And, I will put up with another month and a half of waking up in the middle of the night to feed her, if it means lowering her risk of allergies. What to do?? I welcome any advice!

The doctor and nurse said that she is one of the happiest babies they have ever seen. That is, until they gave her three shots!! The worst is, they had ME hold her legs down while they plunged the needle into her sweet little thigh. She was fussy all day and just wanted to be held. I learned from last time though- give her infant tylenol BEFORE the appointment so it sets in before her shots. Worked like a charm.

That's all for now. I'll post some pictures in a bit of all shes been up to lately, and another Spring Break post.

1 comment:

The Sinks said...

Getting so big, and as always, adorable! Yeah, given her reaction to the peanuts, I think I'd definitely hold off on solids a bit longer. Hope the sensitivity goes away and she has no problems when she's a little older!