Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring Break 2

After leaving Nags Head, we spent the rest of the week in Charlottesville with the Berlins. My dad hadn't seen Abby since Christmas, so we were long overdue for a visit!! One new exciting thing about this visit: my parents let Bruiser come, too! Normally we stick him in a kennel because my dad is allergic to most dogs. But, since Bruiser has short hair and doesn't shed a ton, and they have wood floors, we got to bring him along with us. He LOVED it- I think mainly because there was so much more room for him to roam around than at our house in Blacksburg (three whole floors!). I also think we convinced my mom that she needs to get a dog.

The funniest moment was when we let Bruiser explore the basement. Our old couch from Harrisonburg is down there- we used to let him sleep on it when he was a puppy. As soon as he got downstairs he went straight for the couch, jumped on it, tail wagging profusely, and went crazy, snuggling into the cushions! In this picture of him with Matt, you can see that he is curled up on one of the cushions- we took one upstairs with us and he slept on it the whole weekend!

My parents were so cute with Abby. She has gotten so interactive and is really fun to play with now!

Abby helped my mom play Settlers, while eating her shirt

Probably my favorite moment/picture. Abby couldn't stop smiling at her Granddaddy!

No comments: