Tuesday, April 15, 2008



Tomorrow is going to be a hard day. This week has been a hard week. April 16th was the worst day of many of my student's lives, and for a lot of them, its as if they are living that day all over again. My heart is heavy for them. I have seen many tears shed already. Tomorrow I will spend the day with my brother, Dan, remembering how it felt to hear his voice that morning, relieved that he was okay, and wishing that I could just fly to Blacksburg to be with him. I am going to spend the day with my dear precious students, loving them the best that I can, just "being" with them.

Please pray for our campus tomorrow. Pray for our students, the faculty, the community of Blacksburg that loves this school so much. Pray for the media, that they would be sensitive and give people space to grieve. Pray for the families of those who were killed, and for Cho's family too- that they would be free from guilt and shame.

It is good for us to grieve and mourn. It is how we heal. And tomorrow, we will grieve together, as a community. And we will proclaim that our God is good, all the time. That we worship a God who is no stranger to suffering- that OUR God enters into our suffering, our pain, or grief, WITH us. He is not distant, and he is not silent. No other "god" can claim this. Jesus enters into our sorrow with us. Our grief reminds us that we were not made for this world- this place is not our home, and we must not cling to it. Tomorrow, as all days, we cling to the hope we have in Christ.

And HE ALONE can heal us.

No comments: