Saturday, April 5, 2008

More of Abby lately

She is starting to teeth! She sticks EVERYTHING into her mouth. Sometimes, if she can't bring something to her mouth, she'll just lean forward and bring her mouth to the thing! And sometimes she even chews on her paci!

Naked babies are simply irresistable. She absolutely LOVES to be naked. sometimes when she gets really fussy all we have to do is take her clothes off and she is instantly soothed and happy.

She sits up really well now if she is propped up against something and leaning back slightly. Otherwise, she slumps forward and falls on top of herself. Sometimes she falls forward, face plants, and then just starts playing on her tummy.

This is what we walk in on when she wakes up from her naps and in the morning- a happy happy baby! Sometimes Andy and I even fight over who gets to go get Abby out of bed. She's just so fun!

This has been Abby's favorite position the past few weeks. Once she discovered her feet, and realized that she can control them and her hands, they have somehow become permanently attached. She'll grab onto her feet and roll all over the floor, ALMOST rolling over, but she just won't allow herself to let of of her feet! I think maybe she's afraid she wont be able to find them again or something. Once she figures out she can get them back, I know shell be rolling like crazy.


I recently switched Abby from the stroller that holds her carseat to the jogging stroller (thank you, Brent and Heidi!!). She LOVES it! I think she really loves being able to sit up and look at everything while we walk. I even took her jogging the other day, though I only made it about 10 minutes before I had to start walking. MAN am I out of shape! I was feeling really ambitious, so I took the "hilly" route, and about died. I felt things jiggle that aren't supposed to jiggle! Note to self: when getting back into shape post-baby, start FLAT, very, very flat. And take lots of breaks.
In this picture she is wearing an outfit she got from Aunt Kathy and Uncle Mike for Christmas- isn't she so stylish? She looks like she's ready for a work out. Thanks Mike and Kathy!!

Bruiser likes to stretch out next to Abby when she's on the floor, and lately she has started grabbing onto his hair and "petting" him. He is even starting to get somewhat protective of her. It is a-dor-a-ble!

Abby loves reading the Bible in the morning with her daddy!

Ok, so I TOTALLY did not plan this. I put this outfit on Abby and set her next to Andy on the couch, and then realized that they matched and looked like they could be out of a magazine- JCrew or something. But, I thought it was pretty darn cute. Abby loves sitting next to us on the couch and just looking around. We don't normally let her watch TV, but in this picture they are watching basketball. I can't deny her some March Madness!


We love our baby girl! She has been such a joy to us since day one, and brings more and more love and joy into our home as she grows. How thankful we are for this blessing from the Lord. It's hard to believe that this time a year ago I was just starting to get over the SHOCK of the news that we were pregnant, and couldn't imagine my life with a little one around. I couldn't imagine the sacrifice it would take to raise a child- the sleepless nights, the way my body would change, having to put someone elses needs before mine, how I spend my time, the change in my social life (or lack of one, sometimes!), and my selfishness. And to be honest, at the time it all felt pretty overwhelming and not always completely exciting. Now, though, I can't imagine my life WITHOUT her around, and all of the sacrifices seem so insignificant compared to what I have gained. The Lord knew what he was doing when he created her and formed her in my womb, when he brought her into our lives, and in the midst of the hardest trial of our lives! Her name means "father in rejoicing" and "joy of the father." She has taught me so much about how much my King loves me, and how he rejoices over us! She is a tangible expression of Gods incredible love for us. I hope that I never forget this as long as she lives.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

As I was reading your blog, I kept saying, "oh, Madeline is doing that too, that too, and that too!" I especially love the toe grabbing. It is so cute. Abby is such a sweet and cute little baby. It looks like you guys are having so much fun with her!

The Nolls said...

wow! as i was reading your post i kept thinking how much I love Abby and want to see her, and then remembered i haven't even met her yet! I love keeping up with her and you all, though, and am so thankful for God's goodness in each of your lives in giving you each other. Abby is absolutely adorable and clearly a well-loved little girl :)
I love and miss you guys!
Sara-Beth

ps- the photos with Abby and Bruiser that you put up make my heart almost burst! I miss Charlie and wish our girls could have enjoyed him. It is so so so so fun that she gets to grow up with that special friend. Another blessing from the Lord.