Thursday, September 4, 2008

New bloggy obsession

Taking a break from working on my talk.... my eyes are spinning!! I am at the point where I have pretty much everything on paper, I just need to organize it, think of some clever/ moving illustrations, and tweak my wording so I sound like I actually graduated from college. I'm at the part where crafting a talk moves from being a science to being an art. Not my strength, but definitely my favorite part.

So, to give myself a break, I am blog stalking, er, catching up with some friends via the internet.

And I wanted to introduce you all to a new blog that I have linked under "fellow bloggers." Her name is Sara, shes in Med School and writes a blog called "In Her Scrubs."

And she is hi-lar-i-ous.

Or maybe I'm just biased because she happens to be one of my favorite people. Sara was in the small group I lead at JMU for 3 years. She was just as funny then; she was a good sister and friend, and kept me sane when, as a MARRIED senior I took FRESHMAN earth science. Or was it biology? I can't even remember, it was that bad...

Last December when Andy had brain surgery, she JUST HAPPENED to work in the ICU where he recovered for 3 days after the surgery. I can not even begin to tell you what a HUGE blessing she was to me, and to the rest of our family for the week that we practically lived in the hospital. She kept us updated throughout the 9-hour-long surgery (even had a fellow intern who was looking in on the surgery come out and give us an update), lent us a stroller for Abby, introduced us to all of the ICU nurses, checked in on us constantly throughout the week following, and so much more.

So, if there is anyone in the world who has more faith that she is going to be one hell of an RN, it is me.

So, go visit her, and leave her a comment about how awesome she is!!

No comments: