Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New tricks

So it's still crazy around here, and will be until Sunday. NSO is over, but I am speaking at Large Group this friday, so preparing for that has taken all of my free time.

However, I could not resist posting this video of Abby doing her new trick!

She recently discovered her tongue. Well, I guess she has always know it was there, but she recently discovered that she can control it, and even make some new sounds with the way she moves it. Pretty advanced, I know. Actually it is pretty cool when you think about all the different ways we have to manipulate our tongues to shape different words. So even though it is incredibly cute and very silly, she is actually taking a crucial step in language development!

But really, its just plain cute.

You will also notice her doing another new trick- waving! She has been waving and flapping her arms for months now (especially when she hears music!), but it wasn't until recently that she began purposefully waving at people to say "hi" or "bye." She usually does it when other people do it first, but sometimes she'll surprise me at wave at strangers in the grocery store. It's a crowd pleaser, that's for sure!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sara B. said...

hahaha oh my goodness this is hilarious. i could watch this over and over. wait, i already have.