Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dan & Katie's wedding: Part 1

This is part ONE of the LONG awaited post on Dan and Katie's wedding. (Sorry it took so long!)

After 5 years of dating and one year of engagement, Katie Whitlow FINALLY became Katie Berlin, an official member of our family, and my sister! Their wedding was, hands down, our favorite wedding EVER, of ALL TIME, after our own. My uncle gave a homily that spoke perfectly about them individually and as a couple, and of their dedication to pursuing Christ together. There was not a dry eye in the house. I can not tell you of the joy I felt watching my baby brother finally see his biggest dream realized. He had been waiting to marry Katie for a long time, and has only had eyes for her since 7th grade. SEVENTH GRADE!!. This day was truly their "at last!"

The week before the wedding, my family on my mom's side (the Lentz's) all flew in and staying at my parents house in Charlottesville.

Pretty typical, congregating in the kitchen over ice cream

Swimming in the pool!!

A new family tradition, started at my cousin Brian's wedding: Mohito's!! Peaches were in season so we had peach mohitos.

What's a Lentz Family reunion without 1,000 games of Settler's? Pretty much every night people stayed up until 1 or even 2am playing this game. Crazy.

My cousin Brian (or B-ren) doted on Abby. He's going to be a good daddy!


Another Lentz family tradition: Bowling! This family can find a bowling alley anywhere. Sometimes shady, but always fun.

Groom

Bride

Me & my Aunt Carole. Do we look alike? She's my mom's sister :)


The guys had a good time trying on their tuxes- there was a ping-pong table in the store! They must know guys well...



After their tuxes were al squared away, the guys went tubing down the James River.

Nothing like floating down the river with a cold brew in your hand!

My sweet cousin Sean

My brothers with Aaron Billings- one of Dan's groomsmen, and one of our childhood buddies from Tinkers Cove!!

Katie wasn't too pleased with Dan's sunburn... ouch


THe guys got sunburns, and the girls got pampered.... pedicures and manicures!!!

Abby had a good time out with the girls, although she didn't get her nails done this time.... maybe in a few years (I can't wait!)


Rehearsal:

We all started crying the minute it all started. We were trying to get it all out before the real thing. Didn't work.


The Rehearsal Dinner at the Ivy Inn...

The Berlin's

The Lentz's

My cousin Bekah met Abby for the first time!

My awesome parents, Jim and Kathy.

Katie's parents, Randy and Randi. My family LOVES Katie's family, her parents especially. I consider myself officially an adopted daughter. Not like they need any more daughters- they have 5! But they are SO fun and I'm so glad that we will get to see them from time to time!

My grandparents, JD and Nancy Berlin

My Grandma Betty and Katie's Grandmother.

Poor Katie was sick all day Friday, so she just had chicken noodle soup for dinner. Thankfully she was feeling fine the next morning, except for nerves.


After the rehearsal dinner, the guys went to the Tea Bazaar on the downtown mall. These three guys reinacted a photo that was taken the night before Andys and my wedding.


I'll post the pics of the ceremony soon!!

1 comment:

Austin and Sara said...

Hi Jenny! It's great to see the pictures from Dan and Katie's big weekend! (I also love the ones of Abby pulling up!) I miss you and would love to talk soon! Love, Sara