Thursday, October 2, 2008

one day...

This is what I want my pantry to look like some day:

There must be over 200 cans in there! Can you image, being able to feed your family through the fall, winter, and spring, produce that you harvested and canned from your own backyard throughout the summer??

This was my dream at the beginning of the summer when we did our first garden. We had great results- lots of green beans, zucchini and squash, heirloom tomatoes... but, alas, not enough to can. I am totally proud that our first efforts went well enough for us to go a few months without buying veggies from the store, but I still wish that we had gotten enough to can. I had visions of hommade spagetti sauce, green beans, all through winter.... oh well, there's always next year.
Except, we'll be moving.
So, the year after that!

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

Who's pantry is that?! Very cool and maybe someday when I'm like ... 60 yrs old... I'll start thinking that I can can too. :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Don't put it off - you can always stay in Blacksburg! :)
Dad

Jenny and Andy Benson said...

Nice, Dad- you would like that wouldn't you? Haha.