Wednesday, March 2, 2011

repentance and faith

If you are a mom, and you ever struggle with anger and repenting before your children, you should read this post.

repenting with my children

This is my favorite quote from the article: "I went to bed with a renewed confidence in God's ability to redeem the worst of what's in me and instead of ruining my kids with it (which is a life long fear of mine), actually use it for all of our good to transform us into His image. Thy Kingdom come, O Lord."


It really spoke to me today, to exactly where I am right now in my mothering.

I have heard it said so many times that all of life is a cycle of faith and repentance.  Faith, repentance, faith, repentance, faith....  It is the same with mothering.  All of my days look like this- sin against my children (at this point, Abby), repent, receive her forgiveness, sin again, repent, forgiveness... and it can all get so, so discouraging at times.  But God is so, so faithful, and is redeeming this mess of a mother, and is bringing forth so much fruit even in the middle of desert places.  I am humbled and thankful for His work.  Without His grace, this family would be doomed.  Really, I mean that.  Without His grace I know my children would grow up to resent me, or fear me, or... I don't know what!  But somehow, he brings beauty out of even our ugliest of days, and he is knitting us together. Oh how I need Him!  Thy Kingdom come, O Lord!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Amen, my friend.

Anonymous said...

You're a great mom.