Monday, March 8, 2010

Longest post ever!!

Since soon enough the pages of this blog will be filled with new baby pics, I figured it high time to do a big post on things we have been up to, with lots of photos of Abby for her faithful followers (aka the grandparentals...)
So cozy on up cause it's a long one!!!

The other day the lighting was so good outside and Abby had on this adorable fleece my aunt Carole gave her for Christmas, so I thought I'de try to capture a few good shots of her. I like what came out.

I saw this one and immediately was struck by how old she looks!! She is SUCH a little girl now, and not my "baby" anymore. Although, I still call her my baby from time to time- I'm not quite ready to let go of all her "babyness" yet...

My favorite smile


Abby has been pretty obsessed with "pody tails" lately. She loves me to put her hair into one, but will only leave it in for a little while. If I have my hair up she likes to play with it, and when she sees other girls with pony tails she always points them out. I love that she is starting to take more of an interest in her hair, it's so fun!



This is what greets me every morning- a big smile, Bear Bear, and crazy messy hair. She has the CRAZYEST bed head I have ever seen. This picture doesn't do justice! I have to comb all the knots out every morning which she loves... (not)...

Abby still loves to dance, and her favorite dance partner is Andy. We are all about spontaneous dance parties in this house.

...and air guitar, apparently...



Abby's favorite shoes lately are a pair of black New Balance sneakers that one of my JMU girls gave me at my baby shower for her. They finally fit her, and she loves them!! I have to say they look pretty darn cool.



We have been really into tea parties lately. Uncle Chris gave Abby this awesome wooden tea set for her birthday, and she loves it and asks for it almost every day! We spread a blanket out on her bedroom floor and invite some of her "friends" over for tea. It's so fun to watch her imagination grow so much every day!!





What crazy snow we had last month!!! We didn't get as much as the rest of Virginia, but we did get a little and tried to take Abby out into it...

...but she hated it!!

It may have had something to do with the fact that it was an hour past her naptime and she was exhausted, she was wearing rain boots and so her feet could feel how cold the deep snow was, and it was so bright out and she HATES it when its bright out (she inherited my sensitive eyes!)... oh well there's always next year.


For Valentines Day (I know, forever ago, right?) Abby and I melted crayons down to turn this...


...into these!!!


And though its almost Easter, they are still hanging, and probably will be for quite a while. I think you can stretch out decorations like these longer than Christmas decos, right?....


One of my FAVORITE times of the day is when Andy gets home. It's always the craziest time of day as I am trying to finish making dinner and get it on the table, and Abby is tired and hungry and at the height of her crabby-ness. But he is so great about jumping right in and playing with Abby to keep her occupied and happy until dinner is ready. They have such a good time together and always end up in a tickle fight at some point. She loves it, and I delight in hearing her little giggles and squeals as she plays with her Daddy. It reminds me of all the wrestling matches my brothers and I got into with my Dad.




Last month we had the pleasure of traveling to Hendersonville, NC, to visit our dear friends the Weymouth's. It was an adventure getting there, we had to pull over and stay in a hotel the first night because it was snowing so bad, but once we arrived we had a wonderful weekend of watching our two girls play together, watching the Olympics, catching up, laughing, encouraging one another, and meeting the newest little Weymouth, Madeleine Jayne!


Our girls are only 3 months apart, and it is such a joy to watch them play together. Abby has a bit to learn about sharing, and about not decking your friends in the face (yeah, not so sure how to work on that one, besides being very stern with her when she does it... yikes!). But, she as soon as we left she would not stop asking for her "Yayie" (Lallie).

They got all dressed up in red dresses for church on Valentines Day, and Lallie was gracious enough to share some of her wings with Abby. How cute they look together!!



And last but not least.... I will leave you with a glimpse of some of the silliness that has filled our home as of late!


Abby is such a lively, energetic toddler. She is always doing crazy things and cracking herself up, and cracking ME up! We have such a great time together. On one had she is incredibly exhausting as she takes a lot of instruction, discipline, and shepherding in this age of testing and new-found independence. We have meltdowns every day (yes, both of us!), and it seems like all I have been praying about lately is for the Spirit to grant me more and more patience and grace and gentleness with her. And oh, the whining!! It's about to drive me nutso! But, in the midst of all that she is so incredibly delightful, fun, hilarious, and brings me so much joy. I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing than spending my days with her. It is worth having less money, less time for myself, not being as "successful" in my job as I would like, and the feeling that some days all that gets accomplished is lunch and a few diaper changes. It is so worth all the sacrifices to not miss a single moment of her life that is quickly passing by me. And really, they aren't sacrifices at all- the real sacrifice would be what I would be missing if I wasn't at home with her. Oh how she has changed me in just two years!

2 comments:

Sarah Cole said...

LOVED reading this post! The photos were great! Thanks for updating! Miss you soo much!

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed these 2 posts - thanks! The next to last picture in this one is a classic. Looking forward to meeting Charlotte soon...
Love - Dad and Mom