Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Visitors

We had so many visitors the weekend after Charlotte was born (a week and a half ago already!! Time is FLYING by!). We are so blessed to have so much family so close by- in fact, right now ALL of our immediate family members live in Virginia! What a blessing!

Andy's grandparents and aunt and uncle came over with Bruce, Trisha and Chris on Saturday morning


This one is a little blurry, but I love it. Last time Chris drove all the way from Chicago to meet Abby- I'm so glad he only had to come from Williamsburg this time!!


My Uncle Jim, who lives in GUAM!!! just happened to be in Virginia Beach for the week for his work. I hadn't seen him in over ten years- is it not such a display of God's providence that Charlotte was born while he was in town? We had a sweet little family reunion once my Mom came in town (he his her younger brother). It will be so fun to see him again this summer when the whole Lentz gang gets together in Minnesota.


My Dad came in on Saturday as well (and brought Settlers with him, of course!!)

I don't know who was more excited to see him- me, or Abby. She LOVES her Papa, especially when he watches Elmo videos with her!!


Dan and Katie came on Sunday for the day.

Always the goofball, how I love him!



How sweet are they?? Abby loves her Aunt and Uncles so much!! I can't wait to watch Charlotte enjoying them as much as she does.



My best friend Cara came on Friday and stayed for the weekend. I could never adequately express how much she means to me and to our family. She is a calming presence, a helping hand (I think she must have washed every single dish we own multiple times while she was here!), a generous giver, and more than a friend, she is my sister. The only thing that got me through her leaving us on Sunday was knowing my Mom would be here for the next week!! I think I would have had a mental breakdown if they had left at the same time!!



And of course, my Mom came on Thursday, packed and ready to stay for a week to help us out. I think she must have read about 1,000 books to Abby while she was here.



We are so thankful for our wonderful family who surrounded us with so much love and help after Charlotte was born!

No comments: