Monday, March 8, 2010

Waiting...


We are now only ONE week away from baby girl's due date. And it's official- we are going to name her Charlotte! We are still deciding on her middle name, but more on that later...
The past three weeks my doctors have consistently told me that she would be coming "soon, and quick," due to how fast Abby's delivery was (4 1/2 hours!!), and how much I have already "progressed." Not helpful. There is still so much unknown, and it has been a really different experience for me to wait to go into labor. With Abby I got to pick the date and the doctor and though I didn't know what to expect with labor, I knew I would at least be able to be fresh and showered and have my bags packed before she arrived. This time around I wake up every morning wondering "will today be the day?" And each night when I climb into bed I think "tonight is the night!!" Yeah, this is how most people have babies, I know. It's just new for me. What makes it even more fun is thinking about what it would be like to go into labor during the day, by myself, with Abby underfoot. During a temper tantrum. And a dirty diaper. See where my mind goes?
Anyways, in the meantime, while we wait, I have been getting everything ready- washing and folding clothes, burp cloths, and blankets, getting her bassinet all set up, making lists... I have also been really enjoying each extra day I have with Abby, trying to spend some extra moments reading together, having tea parties, coloring, singing, or whatever she wants to do- because I know that my attention is going to be divided once Charlotte comes. It will be good for her, but also hard. So I've been getting some extra snuggles in whenever she lets me.

Here are some shots of my 39-week belly that Andy took of me the other day.







And a few from this past weekend, we went to First Landing State Park to walk and enjoy the nice sunshine.







Hopefully our next post will be of our new addition....

In Abby's words, "come on, Sha-wit!! No more cookin!" (she says that Charlotte is "cookin" right now... haha)

6 comments:

Melissa Coleman said...

You look amazing! Can't wait to see pics of Charlotte!

Stephanie B said...

Good work mom! You look beautiful and we can't wait to meet Charlotte!

Danielle said...

Jenny you look so cute. I cannot wait to hear!! Been thinking about you lots. We miss you a ton!

Ashley said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady!

AndyandLex said...

WELCOME TO THE WORLD MISS CHARLOTTE! We cannot wait to meet you! Your best buddy Madeleine can't wait to crawl around together. Lallie Beth sends "Sarlie" a big wet kiss! :) XOXO Team Weymouth

Sarah Cole said...

I love that you got pictures of your beautiful preggo self days before Charlotte was born! She is BEAUTIFUL. And i saw that you're still using the bassinet! Love it!